FIVE'S – ROB KRAR
5 reasons TO live in Flagstaff.
1. A true four-season home.
2. Our mountains are beautiful and sparsely populated. I can run for hours and may only share the trails with deer, elk and an occasional black bear.
3. Wonderful and caring atmosphere – a true sense of community. I feel comfortable in my own skin.
4. There is a playground any direction you head – the Grand Canyon, Sedona, Moab, Natural Bridges National Monument and on and on.
5. Great local food and beer.
5 reasons NOT to live in Flagstaff.
1. Fire season.
2. High cost of living.
3. Inconsistent winters.
4. Summer and winter tourist seasons are hectic.
5. The windy season.
5 places I’d like to travel to.
2. Boundary Waters Canoe Area in Minnesota.
4. France to race Pierra Menta & UTMB.
5. Galapagos Islands.
5 favorite trails to run.
1. The Dundas Valley trail system back home in Canada.
2. Private Reserve out my backdoor.
3. Cal Street on the Western States course.
4. Hangover trail in Sedona.
5. Anything other single track that’s smooth like butter.
5 thought’s while running.
1. Damn this trail is technical.
2. Is that a bear?
3. Slow down cowboy.
4. How lucky am I.
5. Just get it done.
5 thought’s during Red Hot 55k.
1. How lucky am I.
2. This pace is HOT.
3. Need more Coke.
4. I wonder how Christina is doing.
5. Mmm. Beer at the finish line.
5 favorite runners to watch.
1. Kilian Jornet.
2. Anna Frost.
3. Ultra Pedestrian Ras.
4. Jenn Shelton.
5. Nick Symmonds.
5 items you’ve recently purchased for running.
1. Gin Gins.
2. Petzl Tikka XP headlamp.
3. The North Face Better Than Naked Shorts
4. Nathan Sports VaporAir – my go-to pack for UTMB.
5. Flora Health Floradix Liquid Iron
5 Things I need when I get to an aid-station.
1. A familiar face, preferably my lovely wife Christina.
3. Fast and efficient crew.
4. Positive energy.
5. Tuff love when I need it.
5 favorite meals.
1. Tofu Po’ Boy sandwiches. Find them here at Christina’s blog - click link for recipe.
2. Black Pepper Tofu. - click link for recipe
3. Toast with peanut butter – I’m a slayer of toast.
4. Any kind of curry.
5. Cereal – I’m dangerous around cereal.
5 albums/artists recently played
1. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.
2. The Duhks.
3. First Aid Kit.
4. Nitin Sawhney.
5. Kasey Chambers.
5 TV shows you’re most likely to watch.
1. House of Cards.
3. Hell on Wheels.
4. Orange is the New Black.
5 things to do when not running
1. Relax on the couch with Christina and our cats and catch some Netflix.
2. Fly fish on the Colorado River at Lee’s Ferry.
3. Catch up with friends over a beer or two at one of the many Flagstaff breweries.
4. Ski or ride.
5. Bookend the day with coffee and beer.
5 favorite places to eat (local or not)
1. Uncle Dees Grilled Cheese with fried egg from Diablo Burger, Flagstaff, AZ.
2. SS-145 pizza from Pizzicletta, Flagstaff, AZ.
3. The Girl & the Fig, Sonoma, CA.
4. Cinnamon Swirl Bread from Flag Buzz Coffeehouse, Flagstaff, AZ.
5. Criollo Latin Kitchen, Flagstaff, AZ.
5 people I would like to meet
1. Ed Abbey.
2. Terry Fox.
3. Shalane Flanagan.
4. Kurt Cobain.
5. Emma Watson.
5 people I would like to go running with.
1. Mike Wardian.
2. Meghan Arbogast.
3. Dave Mackey.
4. Lauren Fleshman.
5. Magdalena Lewy-Boulet.
5 things that get me excited.
1. Fly fishing.
2. Day dreaming of future projects.
3. Learning from mistakes.
4. Embracing the uncomfortable.
5. Full and productive days that leave me exhausted.
5 things to do in the winter.
2. Hot cocoa by the fire.
3. Listen to way too much Bing Crosby.
4. Snuggle with the cats.
5. Dream of summer and plan new adventures.
5 favorite LOCAL beers
1. Wanderlust Brewing Company – 928 Local Farmhouse Ale
2. Wanderlust Brewing Company – Bahnhof Gose
3. Mother Road Brewing Company – Gold Road Kolsch Style Ale
4. Historic Brewing Company – Piehole Cherry Vanilla Porter
5. Flagstaff Brewing Company – Weisspread Wheat
5 favorite beers.
1. Dunkelweizen by Wanderlust Brewing Company.
2. Brother Thelonious by North Coast Brewing Co.
3. Delirium Noel by Brouwerij Huyghe.
4. Westvleteren XII by Westvleteren Abdij St. Sixtus.
5. Not the Stoic by Deschutes Brewery.